WooCommerce is an e-commerce platform for WordPress websites that allows you to create and manage online stores. Here are the most common types of emails that WooCommerce sends:
1. Order confirmation: This email is sent to the customer when they place an order on your website. It confirms the details of the order, such as the products purchased, the quantity, and the total price.
2. Payment receipt: This email is sent to the customer when their payment is processed. It confirms the payment details, such as the payment method, the amount paid, and the transaction ID.
3. Shipping confirmation: This email is sent to the customer when their order has been shipped. It includes the tracking information so that the customer can track their package.
4. Refund notification: This email is sent to the customer when a refund has been processed for their order. It confirms the details of the refund, such as the amount refunded and the reason for the refund.
5. New account creation: This email is sent to the customer when they create a new account on your website. It confirms their login details and provides instructions on how to access their account.
6. Password reset: This email is sent to the customer when they request a password reset. It provides a link to reset their password.
Note that these emails can be customised and configured in the WooCommerce settings to better suit your needs.
WooCommerce uses the default WordPress email function to send emails. When an event occurs, such as an order being placed, WooCommerce triggers an email to be sent to the customer or the store owner.
The email content is generated using pre-defined templates that are stored in the WooCommerce plugin files. The templates are designed to be easily customisable so that you can modify them to match your brand and communication style.
WooCommerce also allows you to use third-party email services, such as Mailchimp or Sendinblue, to send emails. This can be a good option if you have a large number of subscribers or want to track the performance of your emails.
To ensure that emails are delivered successfully, WooCommerce uses the PHP mail() function or SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to send emails. It is important to configure your server settings correctly to avoid emails being marked as spam or not being delivered at all.
Overall, WooCommerce provides a flexible and customisable email system that allows you to communicate effectively with your customers and manage your online store efficiently.
To stop receiving emails from WordPress, you can follow these steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress account.
2. Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on “Edit My Profile” from the dropdown menu.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the “Contact Info” section.
5. Uncheck the box next to “Send Me WordPress Emails About Site News and Updates“.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Update Profile” button.
By following these steps, you should no longer receive emails from WordPress about site news and updates. However, please note that you may still receive other types of emails from WordPress, such as password reset emails or comment notifications, depending on your settings.
To manage emails in WooCommerce, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Go to WooCommerce > Settings.
3. Click on the “Emails” tab at the top of the page.
4. Here, you can see a list of all the emails that WooCommerce sends out, such as order confirmation emails, customer invoice emails, and shipping notification emails.
5. Click on each email to view and edit its settings.
6. You can customise the email subject line, heading, and content here. You can also choose which email address the email will be sent from and add any additional email recipients.
7. Once you have made your changes, click on the “Save changes” button.
You can also create custom email templates in WooCommerce by clicking on the “Add New” button at the top of the “Emails” page. This can be useful if you want to create a custom email for a specific purpose, such as a welcome email for new customers.
Overall, managing emails in WooCommerce is a straightforward process that allows you to customise the content and appearance of your emails to better suit your brand and customer needs.
To complete a WooCommerce order without sending an email, you can follow these steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Go to WooCommerce > Orders.
3. Find the order that you want to complete and click on its order number.
4. On the order details page, click on the “Mark as Complete” button at the top right of the page.
5. A popup window will appear asking if you want to send the customer an email. Uncheck the box next to “Notify customer” to prevent the email from being sent.
6. Click on “Complete Order” to complete the order without sending an email to the customer.
By following these steps, you can complete a WooCommerce order without sending an email to the customer. This may be useful in situations where you have already communicated with the customer by phone or in person and do not need to send them an email notification.
You can visit the official website to learn more about WooCommerce Disable Emails.